Dr. Jim Siebert Biography And Wiki
Dr. Jim Siebert is an American Broadcast Meteorologist, Weather Anchor, and Reporter currently working as a chief meteorologist at KRIV FOX 26 in Houston, Texas, since 2007. Dr. Jim holds the AMS Certified Broadcast Meteorologist (CBM) seal. Jim also has published research and presented the findings of his work at national conferences. He can be seen on FOX 26 News at 5 p.m. and 9 p.m.
Dr. Jim Siebert Age and Birthday
Siebert’s information about the exact date of birth is not yet confirmed.
Dr. Jim Siebert Education
Dr. Jim holds degrees in meteorology/earth science from Baylor University in Waco, communications from Brigham Young University and science education from the University of New Mexico. He teaches both meteorology and geography at the university level.
Dr. Jim Siebert Wife | Children
Siebert is married to his wife Debra. The couple is a proud parent of four children. Jim’s hobbies include most outdoor activities, going on dates with his wife, and playing with his children who have boundless energy.
Dr. Jim Siebert Fox 26 KRIV
Jim additionally has distributed research and displayed the discoveries of his work at national meetings. One region of a center for Jim’s exploration has been in the execution of new illustrations innovations for communicating meteorology.
Jim started his broadcasting career in Texas working for TV channels in Corpus Christi and Waco. Jim additionally worked at stations in New Mexico and Nevada where he won honors for being the best weathercaster by the Associated Press and Electronic Media Awards.
All the more as of late he was the executive of meteorological activities for a weather counseling organization in Houston. Jim is at present delivering a progression of youngsters’ books that show meteorological ideas through stories and put kids as the principal characters in the plot.
Dr. Jim Siebert Published
- United States Patent, Method for Locating Sub-Surface Natural Resources Using Lightning Data, 2013
- “How Weather Reporting Affects Petroleum Prices,” Pipeline & Gas Journal
- “The Day it Rained Frogs” children’s book.
- “Dallin and the Storm Chaser” children’s book.
- “Effects of Improved Television Weather Graphics and Visual/Verbal Redundancy on Viewer Comprehension.”
- “Climate Impact on New Mexico Gardening,” Chapter for a manual
- Produced by the Bernalillo County Extension Service.
- “Skies of Enchantment: New Mexico’s Weather Extremes,” 30 min. video.
- “Severe Weather Safety: The Effectiveness of the Video Medium,” Baylor
Geologic Bulletin #7.
- “Severe Weather Safety: Are You Prepared?” 30-minute video.
Dr. Jim Siebert Awards
- Emmy for Best Weathercast Lone Star Chapter, 2012
- Best Weathercast, Texas AP Awards, 2011 & 2013
- Lone Star Awards, Best Weathercast for the markets in the state of Texas, 2011, 2008
- Best Weather Anchor, Las Vegas Electronic Media Awards, 2001.
- Research Grant, University of New Mexico, 2000.
- Second Place Weathercast, New Mexico AP Awards, 1999.
- 3rd Place MVCT Triathlon Las Cruces, NM, 1999.
- Best Presentation UNM Multimedia Gallery, 1998 & 1999.
- First Place Weathercast, New Mexico AP Awards, 1997.
- Ran Marathon for Charity, 1997.
- Global Change Scholarship, National Science Foundation, 1996.
- Elected to National Earth Science Honor Society, 1995.
Dr. Jim Siebert Societies | Hobbies
- American Meteorological Society Television Seal of Approval
- American Meteorological Society Member
- Weather Central Inc. NAB Computer Graphics Demonstrator
- National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences
- United States Triathlon Association
- HAM Amateur Radio License: KC5 TIN
Dr. Jim Siebert Salary | Net Worth
Siebert as an American meteorologist and weather anchor’s information about the total assets and amount she earns is not yet updated. His net worth and salary is still under review.
Dr. Jim Siebert Twitter
From Chief Meteorologist Dr. Jim Siebert FOX 26 News: http://t.co/kiY40Gt3
— FOX26Houston (@FOX26Houston) April 18, 2012