Bob Woodward Bio, Wiki
Bob Woodward is an American investigative journalist. He is best known for reporting o the Watergate Scandal which was from 1972 to 1974. Woodward began working for The Washington Post as a reporter in 1971. As of now, he is still an associate director.
Bob Woodward Age, Birthday
Robert Upshur Woodward was born on 26 March 1943 in Geneva, Illinois, the United States of America. He is of American nationality and white ethnicity. Woodward is 78 years old. His zodiac sign is Aries.
Bob Woodward Height
Woodward is a man of average stature who stands at a height of 1.75 meters.
Bob Woodward Wife, Married, Divorce
Woodward has had three marriages. Kathleen Middlekauff, his high school sweetheart and now an English professor, was his first wife from 1966 to 1969. Frances Kuper was his second wife from 1974 to 1979.
He married Elsa Walsh, a writer for The New Yorker and the author of Divided Lives: The Public and Private Struggles of Three American Women, for the third time in 1989.
Bob Woodward Books
Woodward has written so many books. Some of them have been mentioned below.
- The Secret Man: The Story of Watergate’s Deep Throat (2005) about Mark Felt’s disclosure, after more than 30 years, that he was Deep Throat. The book was written before Felt admitted his title, as he was sickly and Woodward expected that some way or another, it would come out.
- State of Denial: Bush at War, Part III (2006) about the Bush administration and the War in Iraq
- The War Within: A Secret White House History (2006–2008) (2008)
- Obama’s Wars (2010) about the Obama administration’s handling of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan
- The Price of Politics (2012) about President Obama and congressional Republican and Democratic leaders’ attempt to restore the American economy and improve the federal government’s fiscal condition over 3.5 years.
- The Last of the President’s Men (2015) is about Alexander Butterfield, the Nixon aide who disclosed the secret White House taping system that changed history and led to Nixon’s resignation.
- Fear: Trump in the White House (2018)
- Rage (September 15, 2020)
Bob Woodward Watergate
Both Bob and Carl Bernstein were assigned to investigate the June 17, 1972, break-in at the Democratic National Committee’s headquarters in the Watergate office complex in Washington, D.C. Their work became notable for being the first to report on a number of political “dirty tricks” performed by the Nixon re-election committee during his re-election campaign, thanks to editor Ben Bradlee.
All the President’s Men, their book on the scandal, became a No. 1 bestseller and was later adapted into a film. The 1976 film, featuring Robert Redford as Woodward and Dustin Hoffman as Bernstein, elevated the reporters to celebrity status and sparked a surge of interest in investigative reporting.
The identity of Woodward’s secret Watergate informant known as Deep Throat, a reference to the title of a famous pornographic film at the time, remains a mystery thanks to the book and movie. Deep Throat’s identity would be kept a secret until the man died or permitted his name to be revealed, according to Woodward.
Only Woodward, Bernstein, and a few others knew the informant’s identity for more than 30 years until his family revealed it to Vanity Fair magazine in May 2005 as former Federal Bureau of Investigation Associate Director W. Mark Felt. Woodward instantly confirmed the authenticity of this accusation and went on to write a book about his connection with Felt, titled The Secret Man.
Following up on All the President’s Men, Woodward and Bernstein wrote The Final Days, a follow-up to All the President’s Men that covered the time from November 1973 until President Nixon’s resignation in August 1974 in great detail.
Bob Woodward Salary
Woodward earns a salary estimated at $100k annually, This is the average salary of an experienced editor at The Washington Post.
Bob Woodward Net Worth
Woodward is an American investigative journalist who has a net worth of $25 million. He has been able to garner this fortune through his successful career.