Andrew McCarthy Biography and Wiki
Andrew Thomas McCarthy is an American actor, travel writer, and television director. He is most known as a member of the Brat Pack, with roles in 1980s films such as St.
Andrew McCarthy’s Age and Birthday
Andrew McCarthy Wife
McCarthy married Dolores Rice on August 28, 2011. The two have a daughter, Willow. It was announced in September 2013, that the couple was expecting their second and his third, child. On March 29, 2017, McCarthy mentioned on “Good Day New York” that his third child is a son and now two years old.
Previously McCarthy was married to his college sweetheart Carol Schneider in 1999, 20 years after they first dated. Schneider gave birth to a son, Sam in 2002. The two divorced in 2005 citing irreconcilable issues.
Andrew McCarthy Children
McCarthy has a daughter named Willow McCarthy and a son named Sam McCarthy.
Andrew McCarthy Education
McCarthy moved to Bernardsville, New Jersey, as a teenager and went to the Pingry School. He also went to the town’s public school, Bernards High School, for part of a year.
Andrew McCarthy Acting Career
McCarthy had his first major role first in 1983 in a comedy Class. He involuntarily became a member of “Brat Pack”, the 1980s Hollywood group of young actors. They appeared in a few films, among them St. Elmo’s Fire and Pretty in Pink. McCarthy starred in the 1987 films, Mannequin and Less Than Zero, a theatrical adaptation of Bret Easton Ellis’ novel.
McCarthy starred alongside Donald Sutherland and Kevin Dillon in the 1985 film Heaven Help Us (also known as Catholic Boys) as Michael Dunn. He made his Broadway debut in The Boys of Winter. In 1988, he quickly returned to Hollywood to star in several films, such as Fresh Horses and Kansas. McCarthy had another hit with the 1989 comedy film Weekend at Bernie’s.
McCarthy returned to Broadway theatre to star in Side Man, McCarthy’s version of the play and in 1999 won a Tony Award for Best Play. He was set to guest star in two episodes of Law & Order: Criminal Intent in 2003. Because of bad relations with actor Vincent D’Onofrio, series creator Dick Wolf decided against it.
Wolf later said that “Mr. McCarthy engaged in fractious behavior from the moment he walked on the set.” McCarthy fired back in a statement of his own saying, “I was fired because I refused to allow a fellow actor to threaten me with physical violence, bully me and try to direct me.”
Despite this incident, McCarthy later guest-starred in an episode of Law & Order: Criminal Intent (with Chris Noth, not D’Onofrio) that originally aired in November 2007. He played Dr. Hook in Kingdom Hospital in 2004.
McCarthy appeared in five episodes of the 2005 NBC television series E-Ring. He starred in the 2008 NBC television series Lipstick Jungle as a billionaire, but was eventually canceled and had a minor role in The Spiderwick Chronicles.
Andrew McCarthy as Director
McCarthy directed several episodes of the hit CW television series, Gossip Girl, including Touch of Eva in the fourth season. He is also known for an incident at the 2013 Comic-Con Philly event, where his security staff assaulted a popular YouTube character known as “Skippy”, who was attempting to photograph the Mannequin actor at the time.
McCarthy appeared in 2010 and 2011 in the hit USA show White Collar where several critics praised him for his performance in the episodes. McCarthy returned to the series in the next season to direct the episode “Neighborhood Watch”.
He directed 3 episodes (ep. 11, 13 & 16) in season 2 of the 2015 NBC hit television show The Blacklist starring James Spader and Megan Boone. McCarthy starred in the 2016 short-lived ABC drama The Family.
Andrew McCarthy Body Measurements
- Height: 1.75 m
- Weight: 70 kg (155 pounds)
Height: 5’8” (172.7 cm)
- Shoe Size: Not Available
- Body Shape: Not Available
- Hair Colour: Light brown
- Eye color: Blue
Andrew McCarthy Net Worth
McCarthy has an estimated net worth of $12 million.
Andrew McCarthy Travel Writing
McCarthy became a travel writer and is currently an Editor at Large at National Geographic Traveler magazine. In 2010, he was escorted out of an underground church in Lalibela, Ethiopia, for entering the site without documentation.
McCarthy had been in the church on assignment for the travel magazine Afar. In 2012, a book written by McCarthy, The Longest Way Home: One Man’s Quest for the Courage to Settle Down was published.
In February/March 2015, National Geographic published his account, entitled “A Song for Ireland”, of McCarthy’s return to the house in the townland of Lacka West in the parish of Duagh in County Kerry in Ireland from which his great-grandfather John McCarthy had emigrated in the late 1800s.
Andrew McCarthy Movies
- 1983 Class Jonathan Ogner
- 1985 Heaven Help Us Michael Dunn
- 1985 St. Elmo’s Fire Kevin Dolenz
- 1985 The Beniker Gang Arthur Beniker
- 1986 Pretty in Pink Blane McDonough
- 1987 Waiting for the Moon Henry Hopper
- Mannequin Jonathan Switcher
- Less Than Zero Clay Easton
- 1988 Kansas Wade Corey
- Fresh Horses Matt Larkin
- 1989 Weekend at Bernie’s Larry Wilson
- 1990 Jours tranquilles à Clichy Henry Miller
- 1990 Dr. M Assassin
- 1991 Year of the Gun David Raybourne
- 1992 Only You Clifford Godfrey
- 1993 Weekend at Bernie’s II Larry Wilson
- 1993 The Joy Luck Club Ted Jordan
- 1994 Getting In Rupert Grimm
- Dead Funny Reggie Barker
- Mrs. Parker and the Vicious Circle Edwin ‘Eddie’ Pond Parker II
- 1995 Night of the Running Man Jerry Logan
- 1995 Dream Man David Mander
- 1996 Mulholland Falls Jimmy Fields
- Everything Relative Howard
- Things I Never Told You Don
- 1997 Stag Peter Weber
- 1998 Bela Donna Frank
- I Woke Up Early the Day I Died Cemetery Cop
- I’m Losing You Bertie Krohn
- 1999 A Twist of Faith Henry Smith
- New World Disorder Kurt Bishop
- New Waterford Girl Cecil Sweeney
- 2000 Nowhere in Sight Eric Shelton
- 2001 Heaven Must Wait Raymond Cane
- 2002 Anything But Love (original title: Standard Time) Elliot Shepherd
- 2004 2BPerfectlyHonest Josh
- News for the Church
- 2005 The Orphan King Charles King
- 2008 The Spiderwick Chronicles Richard Grace
- 2009 The Good Guy Cash
- Camp Hell Michael
- 2010 Main Street Howard Mercer
- 2011 National Lampoon’s Snatched Frank Baum
Andrew McCarthy TV Shows
- 1986 Amazing Stories Edwin
- 1991 Tales from the Crypt Edward Foster
- 1992 Common Pursuit Martin Musgrove
- 1995 The Courtyard Johnathan
- 1996 Escape Clause Richard Ramsay
- Hostile Force Rabbit (Mike)
- The Christmas Tree Richard Reilly
- 1998 A Father for Brittany Keith Lussier
- Perfect Assassins Ben Carroway
- 2000 A Storm in Summer Stanley Banner
- Law & Order: Special Victims Unit Randolph Morrow
- The Sight Michael Lewis
- Jackie Bouvier Kennedy Onassis Robert F. Kennedy
- 2002 Georgetown
- The Secret Life of Zoey Mike Harper
- 2003 Straight from the Heart Tyler Ross
- Law & Order Attorney Finnerty
- The Twilight Zone Marshall
- Monk Derek Philby
- 2004 Kingdom Hospital Dr. Hook
- The Hollywood Mom’s Mystery Kit Freers
- 2005 Crusader Hank Robinson
- E-Ring Aaron Gerrity
- 2006 The Way
- 2007 Law & Order: Criminal Intent A.D.A. Gene Hoyle
- 2008–09 Lipstick Jungle Joe Bennett; Director
- 2009 Gossip Girl Rick Rhodes
- Royal Pains Marshall David Bryant IV
- The National Tree Corey Burdoc
- 2010–2012 Gossip Girl Director
- 2011 White Collar Vincent Adler
- 2012 A Christmas Dance Jack
- 2013–2017 Orange Is the New Black Director
- 2013–2014 Alpha House Director
- 2015–2017 Turn: Washington’s Spies
- 2015-2018 The Blacklist Director
- 2016 The Family Hank
- 2017 The Blacklist: Redemption Director
- 2018 Condor Director
- New Amsterdam Director
- Nightflyers Director
Andrew McCarthy Books
- just fly away (2017)
- Journeys home, Inspiring stories plus tips and startegies to find your famiuly history (2015)
- The longest way home (2012)
- Lights camera, Travel (2011)
- Deer (1998).
Who is McCarthy?
McCarthy is well known as a member of the Brat Pack.
How old is McCarthy?
McCarthy was born on November 29, 1962, in Westfield, New Jersey, United States. He is 59 years old in 2021. Andrew celebrates his birthday party on November 29, every month.
How tall is McCarthy?
McCarthy stands at a height of 1.75 m.
Is McCarthy married?
McCarthy is married to Dolores Rice since August 28, 2011.
How much is McCarthy worth?
McCarthy has a net worth of $12 million.
How much does McCarthy make?
Where does McCarthy live?
Is McCarthy dead or alive?
McCarthy is still alive and in good health.